Non-molestation Order

Non-molestation Order

A non-molestation order is a type of court order known as an injunction. An injunction is a court order that either:
  1. protects you or your child from being harmed or threatened by the person who’s abused you - this is called a ‘non-molestation order’
  2. decides who can live in the family home or enter the surrounding area - this is called an ‘occupation order’
The person named in the injunction can be arrested if they break it.
If you’re in immediate danger of being abused or have been abused, report it to the police.
You can apply for an injunction online through RCJ Citizens Advice - there’s no fee.
To apply online you’ll need to:
  1. create an online account
  2. explain what happened to you
  3. include the name and address of the person who’s abused you
There is more information and the links to start your non-molestation application on the government website

    • Related Articles

    • Domestic Abuse Support: Ask for Ani

      The government has launched the Ask for ANI (Action Needed Immediately) codeword scheme to enable victims of domestic abuse to access immediate help from the police, or other support services, from the safety of their local pharmacy. The Ask for ANI ...
    • Domestic Abuse: Definition

      Domestic violence and abuse is defined as: "Any incident or pattern of incidents of controlling, coercive or threatening behaviour, violence or abuse between those aged 16 or over who are or have been intimate partners or family members, regardless ...
    • Domestic Abuse Helplines

      For Male Victims The Men’s Advice Line is a confidential helpline for male victims of domestic abuse and those supporting them. They offer advice and emotional support to men who experience abuse, and signpost to other vital services that help keep ...
    • Domestic Abuse Allegations in Family Court Cases

      In cases where it has been alleged or admitted, or there is other reason to believe, that the child or a party has experienced domestic abuse perpetrated by another party or that there is a risk of such abuse then the court must: identify the factual ...
    • KIDAS (Kent Integrated Domestic Abuse Service)

      The Kent Integrated Domestic Abuse Service (KIDAS) offer a person-centred, holistic range of support services to victims and their families in Kent, with support available including; Safe refuge accommodation Specialist Independent Domestic Violence ...

    About Dads Unlimited

    Dads Unlimited is a charity that supports separated families. We work with Mums, Dads, Grandparents, and Guardians to create positive co-parenting environments to improve the lives of the children of separated families. You can find out more on our website

    If you register with Dads Unlimited you agree to be bound by our privacy policy.